Thursday, January 5, 2017

Week 1 Updates

Hello 4B Families and Welcome Back!

It was so nice being able to meet and speak with you all during conferences on Tuesday and Wednesday.  Your willingness to rearrange your schedules to meet with us truly demonstrates your commitment to the vision of this school and classroom.  I only have a couple of quick updates for you as it is a short school week.

Project Week is going very well so far.  I have been incredibly impressed with the caliber of the students' recitations.  My favorite part of this particular project is the sense of accomplishment the students feel after completing such a long project.  Additionally, they have all been very supportive of each other and are ready with positive feedback after each recitation. 

I have just updated the blog with a picture of the next book we will be reading...The Wonderful Wizard of Oz.  We will start the book on Monday, so please make sure your child brings it to school (if it isn't here already).  I also put the 3rd Quarter reading group sign-up on the blog.  I did not want to include a sign-up for the rest of the year, as we have quite a bit of testing in the 4th quarter.  I want to ensure the volunteer dates are as accurate as possible to avoid any frustrations with rescheduling. 

As usual, thank you for all you do to contribute to the success of the classroom.