Monday, May 8, 2017

Week 7 Updates

Hello 4B Families!

I cannot even begin to express how grateful I am for all of the tokens of appreciation I received last week.  I already feel so lucky that I get to work at a job I love and that I look forward to each day with my students.  Last week was so much more than I ever expected and I thank you all.  Family support helps make my job easier, and I truly feel I have received that support from all of you.  I must admit, I could not get through the kind words shared by students and parents without getting a little misty-eyed.  It has been my pleasure to be your children's teacher this year.

In Language Arts, we are approaching the end of Mr. Bowditch...hopefully we can make it through without any more heartbreak!  Our last Bowditch test is schedule for Friday, May 19th.  This will be in the format of an in-class essay.  The students will receive the prompt one day prior and spend the class time writing out a draft.  For our research project, we will be turning our notes into an outline, which will help with writing the rough draft next week.  The final draft will be due on Monday, May 22nd with presentations on May 24th and May 25th (if needed).  Any student who would like to dress up as their figure will present on May 24th during a classroom celebration (details to follow soon).

In History, we are wrapping up our unit on the American Revolution and segue into learning more about the Constitution.  The final test will take place on Tuesday, May 16th, with a review taking place the Monday before.  Today, we learned about the British trying to move the fighting to the southern states.  Ask your scholars why the British thought this would be a good idea...and why it didn't quite work out.

In Science, we began our new unit on the respiratory system and discussed how it relate to the circulatory system (ask your scholars!)  Our final test for science will take place during the last week of school, with a date to be announced next week.

As always, thank you for your continued support.