Monday, May 22, 2017

Week 9 Updates

Hello 4B Families!

I cannot believe we are at the end of our school.  It seems like just yesterday I had 30 third graders and now I have 30 fifth graders!  Thank you for the opportunity to educate your children.  It is a task a I do not take lightly, and one I enjoy very much.  Your children should feel so proud of what they have accomplished this year; both in intellect and maturity.  It has truly been my pleasure to watch my students grow throughout the year.

In Language Arts this week, the students are working on a play.  They will not be responsible for memorization or costumes as this is more of a fun final activity.  I was very pleased with their work on their historical figure papers and I cannot wait to see their presentations.  Today, the students created a notecard with some main points to discuss for their presentation.  Tomorrow, they will time each other to ensure they are not over or under their time limits.  As a reminder, souvenirs are due the day the student presents (Wednesday or Thursday).  If your child intends to dress up, they will present Wednesday.  After that, I will select volunteers who are ready to go.  The students DO NOT need to prepare a PowerPoint or poster board for the presentation.

In Science, we took our last quiz today on the respiratory system.  We will spend the remainder of the week looking at some fun power points, and possibly a jeopardy review.

In History, we are continuing our discussion of the Constitution.  We spent some time discussing that declaring yourself to be a country does not mean everything is organized and perfect.  There are lots of details to figure out, with lots of different opinions being offered.  Ask your scholar about the power Congress had at first!

As we go through the week, I will be helping the students clean out and take things home.  This is done with the glimmer of hope that Friday will not be a crazy mess with your student being sent home looking like a pack mule.  If bags are needed, I will send an email to let you know.

As always, thank you for your continued support.